It is easy for anyone to start an online store with WooCommerce, the most popular eCommerce platform. However, if you want to become successful, you need the best WooCommerce hosting so that you can focus on growing your business.
You can choose from thousands of hosting plans and providers, but selecting a dedicated WooCommerce platform will simplify the process of setting up and maintaining your online store.
We’re going to explain why it makes sense to consider WooCommerce-specific hosting plans in this article.
Benefits of WooCommerce hosting
You can concentrate on growing your e-commerce store by using WooCommerce hosting because it will handle basic website maintenance, setup, and security for you.
With WooCommerce hosting, you’ll typically receive:
- Automatic installation of WordPress and WooCommerce so you can begin working on your store right away.
- The data is always safe with daily backups.
- Your user information is protected with enhanced security.
- Support staff who know all about WooCommerce.
You should consider those criteria when shopping around for WooCommerce hosting. In practice, however, each host has something unique to offer, which is why the next section is important.
Best WooCommerce Hosting Providers
In this section, we’ll examine the best WooCommerce hosting providers. We’ll discuss their features, how easy they are to use, and their pricing, so let’s jump right in!
Kinsta is a managed WordPress hosting provider powered by Google Cloud Platform’s premium network, which is great for scaling (on par with Amazon AWS).
Their plans include a wide range of features and a speed-focused architecture. Their infrastructure is highly optimized for e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce and is ready for traffic surges.
Here are a few of the reasons why Kinsta’s WooCommerce hosting is perfect for this purpose:
- Install WooCommerce with a single click from their MyKinsta dashboard.
- A total of six types of backup are available: automatic backups every 24 hours, manual backups with one-click restore, environmental backups, .zip downloadable backups, and add-ons for additional backups.
- The Kinsta system automatically scales resources based on needs. Because it leverages isolated software container technology, resources are allocated to each site container as needed.
- A free SSL certificate that can be installed with a single click and can also be uploaded as a custom certificate.
- There is 24/7 support, 720 test checks per day for uptime, and hack and malware removal.
- Server-level caching implemented (no plugins needed) in combination with WooCommerce rules.
Ease of use
With Kinsta, you can easily launch a store in a matter of seconds using the one-click auto-install for WooCommerce in your MyKinsta dashboard.
Kinsta includes free migration services for existing WooCommerce sites with other providers. The Kinsta team will handle everything regarding migration for you. Just fill out the migration form and you’ll hear back from them when the migration is ready to go live.
WP Engine is another premium WordPress host, and similar to Kinsta, it offers an array of features that help protect your site and data.
WP Engine’s infrastructure is capable of handling large, high-traffic stores, and its infrastructure can also handle WordPress sites.
WP Engine’s cloud hosting plans include the following features for WooCommerce stores:
- You get free access to the Genesis framework and all StudioPress child themes, which are optimized for SEO and fast.
- Free SSL certificate to protect your online store’s data.
- CDN integration for enhanced global performance.
- Integrated staging environment for testing store changes before publishing them.
- Backups are done automatically so your data is never lost.
WP Engine also has its own eCommerce Toolkit plugin that optimizes your store’s performance and gives you access to key performance indicators, as well as other functionality.
Ease of use
With WP Engine’s custom hosting dashboard, you can perform simple actions, including adding products, customizing templates, and managing subscriptions, without having to jump through a lot of hoops.
Besides that, WP Engine excels at providing features like the Ecommerce Toolkit, page performance tools, and the Genesis framework, that will help you make your store a success.
Liquid Web’s WooCommerce hosting solution is more expensive than the previous options, but it offers great features and special plugins that make the cost more reasonable.
Here are some of our favorite WooCommerce features offered by this managed WooCommerce host:
- The Astra Pro theme and Beaver Builder page builder plugin come pre-installed with WooCommerce.
- Mobile optimization on all your pages.
- Secure your store’s data with a free SSL certificate.
- Abandoned cart technology via a partnership with Jilt lets you engage 50 shoppers for free.
- A variety of value-added plugins from IconicWP are included with your hosting for free.
- Expert assistance to set up your store.
- Additionally, there are managed firewall options and optional automated PCI compliance scans.
Ease of use
During the WooCommerce configuration process, Liquid Web will assist you, which is a very welcome feature.
In addition to setting up additional payment gateways, they can also help you add new products.
This makes it ideal for those who need a little help getting things optimized. Plus, the platform is easy to use, with an intuitive control panel.
DreamHost is an experienced managed web hosting company specializing in WordPress. Their plans are tailored for WordPress sites, and separate options exist if you run a WooCommerce store.
DreamHost gives WooCommerce-specific features a huge focus since it is a managed WordPress hosting provider.
- A pre-installed and configured WooCommerce and Storefront for optimal performance.
- Providing protection against traffic spikes, slow site performance, and hacking attempts.
- VaultPress makes automatic backups of your store, and you are given ample disk space for storing them.
- Jetpack’s Professional plugin is free and includes top-notch functionality like authenticated customer logins, downtime monitoring, shipping rate calculation, and more.
- You can contact DreamHost’s concierge support up to three times per month.
- Free SSL certificate to keep your customers’ information safe.
- A free domain for one year.
Ease of use
The pre-configured WooCommerce lets you start building your online store as soon as you sign up for DreamHost.
The DreamHost interface is one of the most unique we’ve seen so far. It includes a lot of features, as well as is easy to use. If you enjoy tinkering with your store’s settings, this is the web host for you.
You’ll get a number of great features with Bluehost’s WooCommerce plans:
- Online setup assistance that will help get your store set up and running.
- A WordPress and WooCommerce installation, along with the official Storefront theme, is already included.
- Free SSL certificate to protect your shoppers’ data.
- Your own private IP address.
- A free domain for one year.
- Plus, you get unlimited bandwidth, SSD storage, and server resources, and their platform provides a great overall user experience.
Ease of use
The Bluehost platform comes pre-installed with WordPress and WooCommerce, so you can begin setting up your website and adding products right away.
In addition to the custom dashboard for managing updates and caching/performance, Bluehost provides you with access to cPanel as well, for more advanced tweaks.
Which is the best WooCommerce hosting provider for your store?
There is no single WooCommerce web host that is right for every user.
If you’re on a budget, Bluehost offers all the core WooCommerce hosting features you’ll need for $12.95 per month.
LiquidWeb comes in the first place when it comes to feature-rich and intuitive flexibility. It’s more expensive than the others, however, and bundled IconicWP and Jilt abandoned cart tools offer you a lot more functionality.
In the comments below, please post any questions you may have about choosing the best WooCommerce hosting provider for your store.