If you want to grow your blog, then you must take the time to promote it. In this post, you will learn how to promote your blog to increase its traffic.
- How To Promote Your Blog To Increase Traffic?
- Prepare Your Blog for Promotion
- Tips to Promote Blog To Increase Traffic
How To Promote Your Blog To Increase Traffic?
To get organic blog traffic you need to learn some online marketing strategies to help you to market your blog content. This is also called content marketing.
Your blog/website traffic depends on your skills which determine how much traffic comes to your blog, how many social shares you receive, how many good comments will come to your blog posts, and most importantly how many subscribers you will gain.
The goal is to get as many visitors as possible because when you have articles, visitors will read them.
You can monetize your blog so you can make money online with your blog through advertising clicks/impressions, and affiliate referrals.
You can even sell your services and many more.
So now we should switch to the main topic and I will give many ways you can promote your blog and increase website traffic.
Prepare Your Blog for Promotion
Before you start your promotion for your blog, you should check whether my blog is ready to promote or not.
And for this process, you need to follow some points before starting to promote your blog.
Points To Follow While Promoting
Let us see the checkpoints before promoting your blog.
- Check that your content is live and ready for promotion. I mean you should check that you have at least one article in each category.
- Test your menu bar and sidebars, and check that all links to your pages, posts, and archives links are open properly.
- Test your blog on top browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera) to ensure that your all blog sections look right.
- Check your contact page info and contact us form so that if someone wants to contact you then he/she will not have any problem reaching you.
- Test your blog comment form to make sure that your visitors can leave comments and feedback easily. I recommend you to use the Disqus Comment System because it is very easy to use and you will be safe from spam comments Install the plugin directly with this link(Free).
- Test your social share buttons so your visitors can easily share your posts on their social media accounts.
- Check that your subscribe form should work properly so your visitors can enter their email IDs and receive daily updates from your blog.
- Test your Google Analytics that it should be working properly so you can track your visitors. Install the Google Analytics Plugin with this link (Free).
Tips to Promote Blog To Increase Traffic
Now I share with you some best and most useful ways to promote your blog. These are very important steps when you just starting out.
Announce Your Blog To Your Connections
We all have Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and we all have friends and close once so start announcing your blog to your friends and close once so they have in their minds that you have a blog.
Check out some best tricks to announce your blog:
- Add your blog URL to your email signature so that whenever you send an email to your contacts your contacts can check it out.
- Add your blog URL to the social profiles. So whenever your friends find you on social media, they can find your blog URL under your name and check it out.
- Take part in forums and discussions related to your niche and when you sign up for their accounts at that time put your blog URL under your name, it will give you backlinks also.
Start Making Your Network With Others
It is the most important part of the blogging world that you have a network of people related to your profile.
You can start building your network on Facebook and Twitter, find people related to your profile add them to your ID, check their work and profile, and start your conversation with them on a good topic.
You can also join groups related to your niche and help others if you can.
When they find your answer helpful then they will contact you from their side, treat them gently, and start your conversation with your professional intro and you are good to go.
Did you attend networking events?
If not, I recommend you to attend events whenever you get a chance.
Remember one thing: Make a quick pitch about yourself and your blog.
When some Pro-bloggers or entrepreneurs meet you and ask about you will have some creative words about what you do.
If you are going to a blogging conference or event, try to meet new people and tell them about your blog.
Submit Your Blog To Search Engines
When you start your blog, your blog is new to search engines.
We all know that search engines are the most important part of blogging. So you also want search engines to index your blog.
For that, we have to submit our blog URL to search engines so they can easily crawl your new blog.
Click on the links and start to submit your blog just fill in the required fields and you are good to go.
Submit Blog URL in Google – Click Here (Just log in with your Gmail ID and submit your blog URL).
Submit Blog URL to Yahoo! and Bing – Click Here
Comment On Related Niche Blogs
This is one of the most important steps for all bloggers who comment on related niche blogs and build great relationships with top bloggers.
I recommend you start researching the top blogs related to your niche and start commenting on their latest posts.
Don’t forget to place your blog URL on their comment form.
It will also build backlinks for your blog and increase website traffic.
Start Guest Posting on Top Blogs
Guest posting is as same as writing an article but in this, you create content and publish your content on another blog that is related to your niche.
This is one of the best ways to build your online reputation in front of your audience.
For this, find blogs that are related to your niche, and the blog you find should have lots of social fans because social media fans share the articles and you will get a great response from that blog.
To start submitting your articles to top blogs, you have to approach the owner or author of that blog via a well-written email to their professional email IDs and you can also contact them via their contact form.
Optimize Your Blog For Search Engines
If you create unique content on a daily basis then your blog will be indexed by search engines in very little time.
Your content should be optimized by most searchable keywords and you can find keywords with Google Keyword Planner for free.
Check out this post about the killer ways to find profitable keywords.
Once you get the required keywords, you can publish an optimized post on it and increase your traffic.
Grow Your Mailing List
You should not wait for traffic to build a list of subscribers. You can start your mailing list from day one.
Just launch your blog and set up a campaign to build an email list.
For building an email list you can try ConvertKit which allows you to have up to 1,000 subscribers in their free plan.
Once your list increases, you can switch to their paid plans.
Be Focused On Competitors
If I want to suggest to you something very important then my choice would be just to be focused on your competitors.
You don’t need to find ideas to promote your blog just focus on what your competitors are doing and observe their strategy
Do the same for you but your focus should be on top competitors because they have done a great job already so just try their methods and change them according to your niche.
Focus on their strategies like Social Media Tricks, Directories, Guest Posting, and other marketing tactics.
Try Backlink Explorer for finding Links, Growth Opportunities, and ranking of your site and competitors.
Take Advantage Of Social Media Platforms
We all use social media these days very frequently and if I am talking about bloggers then we all know that after Google organic traffic, social media is the best source of traffic.
We have plenty of social media platforms these days and if you want to generate traffic from these online places then you have to learn the techniques like how to get the best from social media sites.
It is the best place to connect with people and create connections with them. As I told you there are plenty of social media platforms but every site has a different user interface and tactics.
Remember one thing, choose one or two social media sites that are the best fit for your niche and become an expert in them to get your goals fast.
That’s all about how to promote your blog to increase traffic. After my research and hard work, I shared all the tricks and details with you.
Follow these tips which should be followed by every newbie or beginner.
- Maintain your blog properly with a clean design.
- Create unique and helpful content.
- Increase your engagement rate daily and build authority in your niche.
I hope this article will help you to increase your blog traffic and if you like this post then please share it with your friends.