Do you want to make a File Upload form on your website?
If you add a File Upload form for your users on your website, it will be very easy to collect the required information. But WordPress does not provide that option by default. However, you do not need to worry about it. There is a fix to it.
In this post, you will see the steps to make a file upload form in WordPress.
- Why Do You Need to Make a File Upload Form in WordPress?
- How to Make a File Upload Form on Your WordPress Site?
Why Do You Need to Make a File Upload Form in WordPress?
The best way to collect the information is by allowing the users to add attachments to your forms. Visitors can easily upload images, videos, or word files.
Common reasons to make a file upload form:
- Guest post form submissions where authors can submit their guest posts.
- Customer support forms where they can attach their requirements.
- Partnership forms to upload partnership proposals.
- Accept job applications when you hire someone.
How to Make a File Upload Form on Your WordPress Site?
How do you create a file upload form in WordPress without any coding knowledge?
It is very easy.
You just need to use WPForms which is a powerful contact form plugin in WordPress.
We have already written a detailed review of WPForms. Check out that to get clear information about it.
With WPForms, you can easily make a file upload form in WordPress which allows the visitors to upload all file types including:
- Documents (.doc, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf)
- Images (.png, .gif, and .jpg)
- Video (.mpg, .mov, and .wmv)
- Audio (.wav, .mp3, and .mp4)
Let us see how to create a file upload form in step-by-step instructions.
Create a New Form
First, you need to install and activate the WPForms.
Then go to WPForms > Add New.
You can create different types of web forms for different purposes such as donation forms, order forms, survey forms, user registration forms, and more.
Note: While you can use WPForms for free, you’ll need to purchase at least the Pro plan to unlock this File Upload Form feature
You can choose a form template and customize it. Or You can create one from scratch by choosing the blank form.
Else, you can scroll down to the additional templates section and select the “File upload forms” button.
You will be redirected to the file editor where you can add more fields to the default form with the drag-and-drop option.
Once all the fields are added click on “Save”.
Customize File Upload Form
Once the form is created, you need to add the file upload field to the form.
Just drag and drop the File Upload form field to the form editor.
If you click on the file upload field, you will get the option to customize the following fields:
- Label — Give a name to your form. It lets your visitors know what the form field is for.
- Description — Write a description if you want to provide more details to users.
- Allowed File Extensions —What types of files can be uploaded to your WordPress form? Specifying the types of files allowed, with each separated by a comma.
- Max File Size — By default, WPforms accepts files of a maximum of 128MB. If you’d like to change that, then specify the maximum size file in megabytes that users can upload in this field
- Required — If you want to require that users upload a file before submitting a form, then select this checkbox.
- Style — You can choose between Modern Style (default) and Classic Style
You can upload a maximum number of files at once with the modern style which is the default option.
If you wish to change it, you can change it to the classic old style from the Advanced Options settings.
Customize File Upload Form Settings
To configure the settings of the File Upload Form, go to Settings > General
Here you can configure the following settings:
- Form name: Change your form name if you want to.
- Form description: Add a form description.
- Submit button text: Customize the submit button copy.
- Spam Prevention: Enable this option to prevent spambot submissions.
Once you’re done, click on the Save button.
Set up Your File Upload Form’s Notifications
It will be great when you get a notification email when someone submits the form.
Go to “Notifications” and enter your email address to set up notifications.
You will get an email when your users submit the file upload forms.
To improve the deliverability of the notification email, a downloadable link is sent to the email instead of file attachments.
Configure Your Form’s Confirmation Setting
Once the notifications are set up, it is time to set up the confirmation message.
Go to Settings » Confirmation in your form’s editor.
Next, select the type of confirmation you would like to create.
For example, I’ll select the Message.
You can customize the thank you message for the visitors and click on save.
Add and Publish File Upload Form
Once the required changes are made to the File upload form, it is time to publish it on the website.
Usually, the form will be added to your page/post.
Go to Page >>Add New to create a new page.
You can name the page as anything you want and add the file upload form text to it.
Click “Add WPForms” and select the file upload form from the dropdown box and add it to your page.
After adding the form, hit the publish button.
View Uploaded Files
WPForms will store every submitted form as an entry.
To view uploaded files, go to WPForms » Entries.
Choose the right form from the dropdown menu and click on View.
You will see a file link. Click on it to view it on your browser.
That’s all about how to make a file upload form in WordPress. It doesn’t need to be a hassle.
Have you used WPForms to create contact forms and gather information from your visitors?
If not, get started with the most user-friendly WordPress form builder plugin today.
WPForms Pro includes a free file upload feature, and file upload form template and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
WPForms is my favorite contact form plugin.
I’ve written a few guides that you may want to check out later:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to Pin this!