An International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a series of number that is used to identify the device which utilizes the network. IMEI will be unique for each device. In this post, you will see how to change the IMEI number of android phones.
- 1 Uses of IMEI Number
- 2 Reasons to change the IMEI number
- 3 How to Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone WITHOUT ROOT (MTK Chipset)
- 4 How to Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone [ROOTED ANDROID PHONE]
Uses of IMEI Number
There are several uses of the IMEI number:
- As the use of mobile devices increases, the statistics of stolen and lost devices have been increasing as well. Users are able to block stolen or lost devices for further usage if they know their IMEI number. All users need to do is call their network carrier and report that the device is stolen or lost. The carrier can block the specific device from running on their network and notify other carriers.
- The 15-digit IMEI number indicates the origin and model of the device. The first eight digits indicate the device’s origin and its model while the last six digits identify the manufacturer of the device.
- If you subscribe to a mobile tracking service, you can use the IMEI number to track the device even it uses a different SIM card.
Since its primary use is to identify a mobile device no matter where they are, many people are a bit paranoid about secret societies watching over them.
Many people believe that if you change IMEI Android numbers, you will not have anyone spying on you.
Reasons to change the IMEI number
Like many other things out there, changing Android IMEI has both advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of them:
- Make your Android untraceable. By changing your IMEI constantly, you will throw off the tracks of people who are using it to stalk you!
- Fix any invalid IMEI-related issues such as lost or invalid IMEI numbers. Once you change your IMEI, your Android device with the same benefits and features.
- Obtaining a completely new device ID.
- Sometimes, your Android device model may not be able to get the newest OS updates because it is an older device. Changing the IMEI number to a one that indicates it is a newer model you will be able to enjoy new OS updates by resetting, repairing and updating your Android device.
- Have you ever yearn for that cheap BlackBerry plan your network carrier keeps on promoting? The 15-digit IMEI indicates the origin and model of your device. Therefore, by changing your Androids IMEI number to that of a BlackBerrys, you will be able to subscribe to a cheaper mobile plan.
- In some countries, it is illegal to do check if it is legal in yours. As far as we know, it is legal in Africa and Asia, and illegal in Europe.
- The IMEI number is hardcoded into your device. Therefore, changing the numbers could damage your device in the process.
- Legally, you have forfeited your ownership of your mobile device. When you purchase your device, the seller will jot down the original IMEI number on your receipt. So if you change your IMEI and lost it, you may not be able to make a claim on it. This is because authorities cannot see if it is truly yours because the IMEI numbers no longer correlate with each other.
How to Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone WITHOUT ROOT (MTK Chipset)
- Download Mobile Uncle App.
- Now, Open the app.
- Now, select Engineer Mode > Engineer Mode (MTK).
- Scroll Down & click on CDS Information
- Select Radio Information.
- Two options will be there, ”Select Phone 2”
- You will get an option like AT+
- Now, enter AT+ <15 digit new IMEI> (for eg- AT+ 123456789012345 )
- Select SEND AT COMMAND
- Restart your Device and you will get your new IMEI for your android device.
How to Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone [ROOTED ANDROID PHONE]
This method is for ROOTED devices. You can easily change the IMEI number of your Android Phone.
Requirements To Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone [ROOTED DEVICE]
- Rooted Android Device
- Xposed must be installed on your device.
- IMEI Changer app – Download IMEI Changer from Google Play Store.
- Internet Connection (recommended).
Change the IMEI Number of Android Phone
Dial *#06# on your phone to get your real IMEI number.
- Now, write your IMEI number on a paper or somewhere for future use.
- Now, go to Xposed> Modules
- Make Tick on IMEI Changer Apk as Module.
- Restart your Device.
- After Restart, you will get your original IMEI number & Current IMEI number.
- Now, enter the new IMEI Number in NEW IMEI NUMBER box.
- Now, tap on Apply.
- Restart your android Phone again to set this new IMEI.
- Now, check again and you will get your new IMEI original.
Caution: Please do not Use This Guide for illegal Purpose, it is for educational purposes only.
That’s the easiest way to change the IMEI of Android devices. If you face any issues, comment below or contact us.