Do you know that you can boost conversions with exit-intent popups easily?
No? Then do not worry.
In this post, we will help show how you can boost conversions easily with exit-intent popups and grow your sales.
Before we dive into the topic, we will see about Exit-intent popups and their uses.
What are Exit-Intent Popups?
Exit-intent is a popular lead generation strategy to increase conversions effectively when used correctly.
The exit-intent popup is a type of popup that appears only when a visitor leaves your website.
It is achieved easily by monitoring user behavior.
When the visitor intends to click the close button or leave the webpage, a popup will appear with an irresistible offer.
In simple words, you can lure your website visitors by offering them a coupon or discount to bring them back to your site.
Benefits of Exit-intent Popups
Let us see the list of benefits of using exit-intent popups:
- Reduce cart abandonment.
- Download a free ebook or case study.
- Sign up for a free product trial.
- Book a free consultation call.
- Signup for your webinar.
- Provide Coupon and discount codes.
There are plenty of plugins and tools available online for this purpose. But I would recommend using OptinMonster for this feature.
What is OptinMonster?
OptinMonster is one of the best lead generation tools available in the market. It helps you turn your site visitors into subscribers and paying customers.
Best Features of OptinMonster
Here are some of the features of OptinMonster:
- Lightbox popup.
- Fullscreen welcome mat window overlay (new).
- Floating bar (new).
- Mobile optimized popup (new).
- Inline/after post (new).
- Sidebar widget.
- Multiple form design templates.
- Option to add custom HTML and CSS to forms.
- Ability to create unlimited forms for different posts on your site.
- Easily clone forms for instant A/B testing.
- Exit-Intent to only show popups as visitors are about to leave.
- Seamless integration with all major email marketing services.
- A user-friendly native WordPress user interface.
To learn more about this tool, check out our complete OptinMonster Review.
How To Boost Conversions with Exit-Intent Popups
You can install and activate the OptinMonster plugin and boost conversions with exit-intent popups easily.
Let us see how to create exit-intent popups with OptinMonster.
Install and Activate OptinMonster
To use the Exit-intent feature, you need to purchase the PRO version of OptinMonster.
After you made the purchase, you need to install and activate the plugin.
Follow the steps below:
- From the dashboard of your WordPress site, click on Plugins. Click “Add New“.
- Type “OptinMonster” in the search form to find the plugin.
- Once you found it, click on “Install“. And then click on “Activate“.
- After activating the plugin, connect it to your OptinMonster account.
Create a Campaign
Click on the green “Create New Campaign” button.
Select the campaign type as “Popup“.
Remember to name your campaign and select the right template.
Customize the Popup
Customize the popup in a way that matches the style of your site.
Also, set the right headline and body text. Format the text and its color to make it attractive.
If you want to add images, you can make use of the option “Add blocks“.
You can edit both the background and the button before completing this step.
Set the Display Rules and Publish the Coupon
Once the editing part is completed, you need to set the display rule for the popup.
Follow the steps below:
Click on the Display Rules tab at the top.
Now, you can check the exit detected setting. You can set it for mobile, desktop or both.
You can customize all other options are per your requirement.
After the changes are made, click on the Publish button.
That’s all about how to boost conversions using Exit-intent popups. I am sure you would have understood the power of exit-intent popups.
OptinMonster is the best tool to use as it has many features and is easy to use.