Are you looking for the best WordPress caching plugins?
Caching helps you speed up your WordPress site and boost performance.
In this post, we will see about the best WordPress caching plugins for your site.
Before we go to the list of best WordPress caching plugins, we will see about caching and its importance.
What Is Caching?
When a visitor visits your website, all the elements on the website are loaded. A number of requests are sent to your server and it increases the load time.
With caching, copy of the page after the first load was saved and that cached version is served to subsequent user.
Why Is Caching Important?
Caching is very important since it reduces the server loads and makes it run faster.
You need to setup proper caching to improve the site performance.
A faster site gets you more traffic from search engine. Google gives importance to fast loading sites.
Website loading is an important ranking factor.
Let us look at the best WordPress Caching plugins to improve your website speed.
5 Best WordPress Caching Plugins
Following are the best caching plugins for your WordPress site.
WPRocket is the best WordPress Caching Plugin available in the market. It is very easy to setup.
Even a beginner can setup the plugin without any technical knowledge.
You can enable caching with just one click.
The plugin then automatically turns on recommended WordPress caching settings like gzip compression, page cache, and cache pre-loading.
- CloudFare Integration.
- It minimizes the HTTP request with Google Fonts Optimization.
- Instant page cache activation.
W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is one of the popular caching plugin in WordPress library.
Though it is free, there are more settings and it is difficult to understand for everyone.
Developers can do decent job. But, beginners will find it confusing but can use the default recommended settings.
- CloudFare Compatible.
- Content Delivery Network support.
- HTML, CSS and JS minification and concatenation.
- Optimizing web browser rendering with GZIP compression.
Breeze is becoming the popular caching plugin. It is simple and does the job as required. That is the main reason for its popularity.
Just enable minification of HTML, CSS, and JS in the Basic Options, and the plugin will start working.
- CDN Integration
- Minification of HTML, (including inline) CSS, and JS
- Grouping of CSS and JS
- Gzip Compression
- Browser Cache
WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is one of the most downloaded caching plugin for WordPress.
It is very simple to setup and use. Just enable the caching from the option and it will start caching your website.
You can check the number of cached pages from content tab.
- Easy deletion and re-caching and given time schedule.
- It Supports Caching in mobile devices.
- WP Super Cache supports Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- It supports the fastest page compression and dynamic caching.
WP Fastest Cache
It is the simplest cache plugin for WordPress. It is also one of the fastest as the name suggests.
It creates static files with mod_rewrite option. You do not need to modify the .htaccess configuration files.
Like other plugins, It also offers minification, compression, and browser caching.
- You can easily enable/disable cache option for mobile devices.
- It supports the Content Delivery Network (CDN) and SSL.
- It deletes all the files when you publish pages or posts.
- WP Fastest Cache uses Mod_Rewrite to create static HTML files for faster page load times.
These are the top 5 Best WordPress Caching plugin. You should select the one which is the most suitable as per your need or your website requirement.