Ever heard of the dark web? Is the dark web illegal to browse? In this post, you will learn what is the dark web and how to access the dark web safely?
What Is The Dark Web?
The dark web is the World Wide Web content that exists on darknets, overlay networks that use the internet.
It also requires specific software, configurations, or authorization to access.
According to Wikipedia, the Deep web Or Dark Web is a part of the worldwide web that is not indexed or you cannot visit it without using a special type of software.
Is the dark web illegal?
In most scenarios, people accessing the dark web to attain is illegal in itself or stolen. Thus, one law or another is usually being broken.
Most undercover cops use the dark web to bust people and is a well-known “shady activity” spot.
Almost all ISPs frown on visiting the dark web.
VPNs are required to achieve safety while accessing the dark web. Most of the material which is searched or accessed on the dark web is illegal.
What Type of Things Are in the Dark Web?
The dark web has a lot of goods and services which are not commonly available anywhere else. Some things commonly available for sale on the dark web include:
- Exploits and cheating devices
- Hacked credit cards
- Hacked eBay and Paypal accounts
- Hacked identities
- Hacked phones
- Hacking services
- Murders (should indicate the severity of the danger in accessing the dark web)
- Stolen Goods & much more.
How to access the dark web safely?
“How to access the dark web?” is the first question asked by people who learn about the dark web for the first time.
Accessing the dark web is surprisingly easy to accomplish. In order to access the sites which are considered dark web material, the browsing device must hide its identity.
This prevents from knowing the physical location of the browsing device to the visited websites.
To access the dark web, you’ll need an anonymized proxy network. You can install the Tor browser and access the dark web.
How do I use Tor?
The easiest way to use Tor is through its dedicated browser, which is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux (it can be run from a USB stick if you don’t want to install it on your computer).
The Tor browser is based on Firefox but disables plugins that could compromise your privacy and security.
Final Dark Web Access “Tips”
In this post, we saw the complete guide to what is the dark web and how to access the dark web. Here are some final dark web access tips.
- Dark web embraces anonymity, and thus, fosters an environment of general distrust and shade. Since no one can be trusted, trust no one.
- Always disable your microphone (physically), and cover your webcam.
- Never visit the dark web without ensuring a working VPN is in place (and tested). A VPN can be tested by checking to ensure the IP address of the device changes after the VPN is activated.
- Do not use programs which open ports commonly are known by hackers to be open on a wide amount of computers (close fully Utorrent, steam, and any other program which interacts with the internet for social or entertainment purposes).