Data replication software is essential for any business that collects and stores data across a variety of platforms. It has many benefits, especially when there is a need to migrate, backup, or recover data.
Finding the right data replication software is not easy and although there are various options out there, many will probably fall short of your expectations. The exception is the software offered by GuruSquad.
Under its banner, GuruSquad provides several different versions of its data replication software. Each is unique in its own way, and in this review, you’ll find out exactly what makes it stand out.
GuruSquad Data Replication Software Review
Let us see about the types of products offered by Gurusquad in detail.
As its name suggests, GSCopy Free is a free tool that is designed to copy, replicate, and move files from one folder to another.
It is a command-line tool (CLI) and does not have a graphical interface – so it does take some getting used to.
Some of the key features of GSCopy Free include:
- Copy only modified files and folders while skipping any that have not been modified.
- Copy or move file and folder attributes including Access Control Lists (ACLs) and other attributes.
- Mirror any folder with another folder so that it contains identical files, folder structure, ACLs, as well as other file and folder attributes.
- Copy only the directory structure without any files, but with the option of including ACLs and folder attributes.
To put it simply GSCopy Pro has a richer selection of features than the free version – which is what you’d expect.
Although earlier versions of the software were limited to being a command-line tool, it now features a GUI utility too.
In addition to the features of the free version, GSCopy Pro’s capabilities include:
- Copy both open and locked files with the built-in file agent.
- Last-modified date filter to copy files that were modified before or after a certain number of days.
- Include or exclude specific files or folders from being copied by either using an explicit path, relative path, or matching name pattern.
- Copy the timestamp of files and folders to make them identical to the source.
- Advanced logging options to log only errors, log errors and warnings, or log everything.
- Email notifications can be set up and sent when a job is complete.
GS RichCopy 360
The standard version of GS RichCopy 360 is a robust, and powerful data replication software that is a class apart.
It is used by several Fortune 500 companies and is designed to cater to the needs of small and large businesses.
Naturally, GSRichCopy 360 has all the capabilities of GSCopy Pro, and on top of that its features include:
• Multithreaded technology that allows it to provide robust performance while running a large number of jobs simultaneously.
• Proprietary scheduler which will let you easily configure and automate jobs that do not require user intervention.
• Auto-update feature that will ensure you’re always running the latest stable version of the software.
• Support for long path names including those that are over 260 characters long.
• SOX and HIPAA compliant which makes it the perfect tool for companies that want to meet regulatory standards.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise
For demanding enterprise networks, there is no data replication software that can hold a candle to GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise.
It is purpose-built to meet the needs of enterprise applications in terms of security, automation, and integration.
On top of the standard GS RichCopy 360 features, the Enterprise edition has other key features such as:
• Copy files and folders to a WAN location or over the internet to integrate it with local or cloud services.
• Byte-level data replication will replicate only the delta changes in files instead of the entire file.
• Data compression can be enabled before files are transferred to conserve resources.
• AES 128 and AES 256 encryption support to provide better security and privacy.
• Real-time data synchronization to allow files and folders to be immediately replicated across a network or over the internet.
That’s all about the GuruSquad data replication software review.
Do you now see just how each of the file replication software provided by GuruSquad is unique?
If you want to find out more about any of them you can visit their website at https://www.gurusquad.com/