By default, all the templates in blogger come in within in search boxes. You can ask me why we need to add customer Google search box. The reason is default search boxes are not as powerful as the custom search engine. I recommend using Google custom search due to its flexibility. If you are using Adsense on your blog, then custom google search will increase your earnings. Now, let us see how to add custom Google search in Blogger.
How to add custom Google search
Custom Google search is one of the products from Google like YouTube and Gmail. If you have a website which has lots of information, it will be difficult to navigate. Instead, you can use a search option. By adding a custom search, users can type the query which they want to search for that particular website. This search box gives the path they want.
If you have Adsense account, adding custom search engine will actually increase your revenue. Custom Google search allows you to monetize the result pages. You will get paid for the clicks on the ads on the result page.
Using the custom Google search, you can enable the image and voice search. Let’s see how to add the custom Google search in Blogger.
1. Login to your google account and then visit the link https://www.google.com/cse
2. On the left-hand side, click on “create custom Google search”.
3. On the sites to a search box, enter the name of the site to which you want Google to search. You can add your current website name. If you have more than one site, you can also enter those names there.
4. Once you have entered the name of the sites to search and just enter a name for the search engine. This name will be displayed on our site. It is just for your reference.
5. After you have entered the name of the search engine, click on create.
Once you have created the custom Google search engine, you will receive a message like the on the image below:
We have successfully created the Custom Google Search. Now, we need to take care of the coding and the implementing section.
1. Click on get code option and copy the code.
2. Login to your blogger account.
3. Go to the Layout option on the right side and click on “Add gadgets”.
Now we have successfully added the custom Google search on the blogger. If you like this you can share this with your friends.
Join us to get latest updates to your email inbox.