Content is often one of the most overlooked parts of a blog. Many bloggers do not take the time to work on their writing skills and this results in frustration because of poor results. How can you expect results with poor content? So, you should take the time to write good posts and then properly polish them. Here are 3 tips that will surely improve your blog posts.
3 Tips That Will Surely Improve Your Blog Posts
Proof Read Twice
You have read this everywhere! Almost every blogger says this.
But come down to the real world and ask yourself, “Do I properly proofread my content after writing?” 80% of people out there will answer no! Why? There are several reasons behind this:
- Lack Of Time: This is the most common problem. Sometimes people really lack time but usually, it is self-created! People write their posts with hundreds of other tabs open and keep thinking of new messages on Social networking sites etc.
- Lack of Passion: I have said again and again that you should take the time to choose a good topic for your blog. You must have the passion for what you write. Without passion, blogging becomes more of a burden.
- Lack of Determination: This is again is a very common problem. New bloggers are often disappointed by poor results in beginning and write half-hearted posts which bring even poorer results!
- Lack of Management: Many bloggers create multiple blogs and then are not able to properly manage them. Result? Poor content on all the blogs.
- Lack of Ideas: Sometimes, ideas seem to be running away. They just do not strike your mind.
How to Find Time for Proof Reading?
Proofreading is essential and you must spend some time on it. Here are some tips to find time for proofreading:
- Write Shorter Posts: First, throw that thought out from your mind that says “Short Posts are Not Good”! Shorter posts can be a boon if you have less time. Many popular blogs have shorter but quality posts.
- Choose the Topic Carefully: Choose the right topic for yourself. Never think about starting a blog about a topic that does not interest you.
- Be Determined: Stay prepared for bad results! In beginning, you will get low traffic and almost no comments. Just keep working in right direction.
- Manage Your Time: Learn to prioritize your tasks. Give priority to content and promotion. If you do not have much time, stop thinking about design tweaks or new themes, focus on essentials!
- Learn Attracting Ideas: Ideas are everywhere. All you need is to learn to attract them.
Make Posts Easy to Scan
Remember, most readers do not read the post straight away, they first take a look and scan through it. If you have made it scannable, such readers may read the full post.
Making Your Posts Easy to Scan
To make your posts easy to scan, you have to emphasize on important areas. Here’s how to do this:
- Adding Images: Images grab attention quickly. All you need is to place them at the right place. Place images around main points/heading.
- Using Text Formatting: Make important text bold or colored. This is also an easy attention grabber. Just make sure to not over highlight.
- Adding Lists: Lists are also good attention grabbers. Place them between the paragraphs for the most attention.
- Tables: A well-formatted table can attract a lot of attention. Use the table as a summary and throw some images to make it attractive.
Write Only When You Want
No matter how many tips we give, nothing is going to work until you write the post with passion. You need to have the passion for the topic you have chosen.
Sometimes, we are just hit by laziness! In such times, stop writing and rest awhile. If you ‘must’ write something, try posting a small article.
If you apply these tips well, posts will surely improve.
Have other tips to improve posts? Do share in comments! If you liked this post, consider Stumbling/Tweeting.
Join us to get latest updates to your email inbox.